Monday 1 April 2019

Toroa Survivor 2019 - Day 1

Kia ora whanau,

Survivor 2019 kicked off with a great April Fools prank where we told the students that it had been postponed until next week...some believed it, others realised the date!

After this short delay we got into it with the groups creating flags and chants for their house. This showed some amazing leadership and it was great to see the students trying their best. The flags are still drying, but this will be proudly displayed during the week and will be part of our finale game on Friday.

Here are some snaps of Day 1.

 Korowai started with the blind minefield: using trust and communication. 

Each house get to do all of the activities, and those with the most points/best times, will will points for their houses. These are totalled up throughout the week. 


 Whitau started with the Spelling Bee




 Kahu Kiwi- Number slap, what's the best strategy to slap the numbers in order in the fastest time possible? Everyone has to be involved.



 

 Harakeke made a good start on the general knowledge quiz- categories including geography and travel, sport and leisure, entertainment and science and nature


Students had 90 minutes to design and make a flag, as well as come up with and learn a chant for the house. 









See you tomorrow for day 2!


9 comments:

  1. Fantastic team work, fun, creative and challenging. Kau mai tou whei.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi im Chanel and i'm from Tamaki School. I'm year 7 i just wanted to say yous all look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Toroa Hub my name is Stanley

    and I just want to say is that the costumes that you are wearing is very colorful. I also like your chants for your survivor games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my name is Brad and i'm from marshland school and i'm a year 7 thanks so much for commenting it means a lot we really enjoyed survivor so I'm glad you liked the photos

      Delete
  4. Hi Marshal School!
    My name is Coralee and i'm a year 8 from Tamaki Primary School! When I was looking through your blog I ended up seeing your houses chants. I am part of Alamein which is yellow so I am really hoping for the yellow team to win! But my feedback is that the chants for the teams are kinda plain, but instead of that I think it was amazing. Maybe you can keep my blog and comment on it? https://tpscoraleep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Coralee thank you for commenting on our blog. I am Bella i'm a year 7 student at Marshland School. We had so much fun dressing up in our house colours. I am also in yellow which is called Korowai. The cool thing was is that we got to compete in lots of fun challenges in our house colours.

      Regards Bella

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

    3. Hi im Riley from Marshland School, thanks for your feedback most of the houses changed there chants to something more creative and not plain.(By the way Yellow didn't win)

      Delete
    4. Hi Coralee i'm year 8 from marshland school. Survivor Toroa was so fun
      because of the challenges and the team work put into the challenges. I'm in Korowai which is yellow house.

      From Ethan.B

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post