Thursday 13 February 2020

Beautiful Bar Graphs

Kia ora Bloggers!
Welcome back to the new year and my first blog post. I hope you all had a great summer break, personally I am not ready for summer to leave, and the autumn leaves to fall...I love the sun!

So, maths.
It seems simple, but drawing a bar graphs was surprisingly difficult. I had forgotten, or maybe I never knew, how to draw a proper bar graph.

Here is my first attempt.


I know right, not great. I had forgotten so many things, but I did label my axis!

So I now have a checklist;

  • Scale starting at 0 and going up equally
  • Gaps between the bars, even the y axis
  • Labelling my axis
  • A detailed title
  • The frequency numbers on the lines, not in the squares 
  • Use a ruler
I tried again and BOOM! my second attempt is so much better!


What do you think? So . much better, eh! 

Have you started your math programme yet? What are you learning? 

See you next time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carolyn, I'm Joe, from Korimako hub. I can see you worked hard on your maths. Your bar graph is easy to read and your blog is interesting. I am working on Data Detectives at home. We have to make a pictograph about fruit and vegetables.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post