Friday 26 March 2021

The Curse of Stanley Yelnats

 Kia Bloggers,

In reading we are studying a book called Holes, it is written by Louis Sachar. It is about a boy name Stanley Yelnats. His name can be read forwards and backwards. If my name could be read forwards and backwards it would be Carolyn Nylorac. 

The story so far:

  • Stanley was sent to Camp Green Lake as punishment for a crime he did not commit
  • He was accused of stealing Clyde Livingstone's shoes, he is a famous baseball player.
  • At Camp Green Lake, there is not lake and it is not green, it is a dry wasteland in the middle of no where.
  • The boys at Camp Green Lake have to dig a hole a day, 5'x5'x5'.
  • Stanley is from a poor family, he is overweight and at school he was bullied.
  • Stanley's family is cursed, the always have bad luck. 
  • They blame the curse and all the bad luck on Stanley's "no good dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-great-grandfather

This is the story of Elya Yelnats and why he got cursed.

Have you read Holes, or maybe seen the film?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post