Wednesday 13 May 2020

Last week of distance learning and it's been an impressive one

Hey Bloggers

It has been a great week, not only because the teachers are amazing and have given us heaps of great work, but because Level two is imminent. We are back at school on Monday, Hooray.

So this week.

Literacy. We have been reading Going Solo by Roald Dahl. It tells his story from where Boy (Roald Dahl's childhood stories) left off.

He then went to Africa to work for The Shell Company and he has many adventures there. Some of these are really funny, they involve animals and lots of the native people.
He then joined the RAF to fly in WW2.  At one point he delivered a secret package to a mystery man. We never find out what the package was, or who Cater was, who collected the parcel. We wrote a story imagining what happened with the package.

Here is Billy's story.

Going Solo is a great novel that I would recommend you read. What do you think of Billy's writing?

In maths we have been learning about global positioning coordinates, bearings and using a compass.We looked were the Natural and Modern Wonders of the World are, and then created a Seven Wonders of New Zealand.

Outstanding Adobe Spark of The Seven Wonders of Nz by Bella click on the link





Have you ever read any of Roald Dahl's biographies? What were your favourite stories?
If you could choose some of the Wonders of New Zealand, where would they be?

Stay safe peeps.

1 comment:

  1. Billy - I love your alternate ending to the Roald Dahl story. Your description is fantastic...I just want to know how it ends!
    The Seven Wonders of NZ are stunning. Now I want to take a campervan trip!! Kaikoura would be one of my favourite places. Nothing beats swimming with the Dusky Dolphins (in summer)!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post