Tuesday 12 May 2020

Roald Dahl: The Brave Survivor

In literacy we have been reading Going Solo by Roald Dahl.

It tells his story from where Boy left off. He went to Africa to work for The Shell Company and he has many adventures there. Some of these are really funny. 

He then joined the RAF to fly in WW2. We have recreated a part of the story where his plane crashes in the desert.

He manages to survive although he is blinded by the crash and badly injured. He does get his sight back eventually.

 Going Solo is a great novel that I would recommend you read.
 

Did you know Roald Dahl had written his biography for children to read? What was your favourite part of his story?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jordan this was very interesting I didnt know that Roald Dahl joineed the Army maybe next time you could... tell me more about his book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi it is Taywor here I juist wanted to say that it was an amazing animation why not next time add more to the anmition but over all it is really good

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post